Friday 27 January 2012

Waiting Game

I was sitting in the kitchen blogging yesterday morning, not having poked my nose outside yet it still being pitch black, the weather forecaster on the radio was painting a bleak picture so I didn't hurry with only the prospect of more housework looming. Surprisingly though by the time I was showered and dressed it was glorious and sunny, so ditching all thoughts of tidying the house Chum and I took our walk and I spent the next few hours in my own garden, when was the last time that happened? I cut back all the soggy and dead plant matter and even managed to dig over the new raised beds, I'm hoping that when the new compost bin goes in there will be plenty of well rotted stuff at the bottom of the old one to mulch everything with. I can't wait to see the back of the plastic darlek, you can't get in to the thing to turn it, I haven't touched it for three years so there's definitely black gold potential. Everything now looks tidy and any over-wintering insects have only been relocated to the heap, now it's time to play the waiting game, this year I must resist the temptation to  start sowing too early again!
"To forget how to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves" Mahatma Ghandi

0 comments:

Post a Comment