Friday 2 December 2011

Feeling Festive

There was only one thing on my mind yesterday and that was the purchase of our Christmas tree, yes I know it's very early but I love the tree best of all else during the festive season. This year we've gone green, I binned the old fibre optic job last January as it had seen a number of Christmas's and developed a distinct kink at the top, now I've bought a lovely compact Serbian Spruce Picea omorika with roots, which I'm hoping will last us for many years, it also smells delicious. The teenager has a tiny Norway spruce Picea abies for her boudoir and is under strict instructions to draw her curtains every morning so it gets enough light, she may prefer to skulk in the dark but that's no good for a living plant!
"Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree, how steadfast are your branches"
Anon

1 comments:

Bah and humbug! (but a spruce does smell lovely)
 

Post a Comment