Wednesday 21 December 2011

Mr Forgetful

The boy and teenager have finally broken up from school and they were back in the house for precisely five minutes before they started doing my head in! The boy in particular was requested to locate certain items to bring home from his first term at school, these being a full PE kit with one pair of football boots, one pair of trainers, gum shield and shin pads in a sports bag, two coats, one an extremely expensive superdry one and his only pair of glasses. Unsurprisingly none of them have materialised leaving him coat-less until the 9th of January, but at least he remembered to bring his secret Santa gifts home! I'm going to tough this one out and send him back bearing a letter requesting a full school search before I fork out anymore money, so it is entirely probable that the son will spend the whole of the spring term in detention. If only one could buy extra memory for children as you can for computers! Meanwhile the teenager is going out on her Christmas party which means I shall have to bite my tongue as she leaves wearing a dress which is far too short and heels that are far too high, I can hear the voice of my own dear mother saying the things that I now say to my daughter which must mean I'm now officially middle-aged! How long until term starts again?..............
"Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders" Friedrich Nietzche

0 comments:

Post a Comment