Thursday 8 December 2011

Stormy Weather

Chum and I set off with a jaunty step in the blinding winter sunshine on Wednesday morning, it was icily cold with a cutting northerly wind but I reckoned we would be OK for a shortish walk. However, as we came to the end of Knox mill lane I glanced over my shoulder and stared straight into the bruised blue-black face of a storm, it had blown up out of nowhere and in the mere ten minutes it took for us to walk home had deluged us with rain and sleet, Chum uncomplainingly accepted going home as a good decision! Mercifully there was no gardening for me that day so I settled myself into the kitchen with carols playing on the radio and contentedly wrapped Christmas presents for the rest of the morning. Sometimes there really is no better place to be than at home and as the forecast is pretty grim for the next couple of days I don't think I will be venturing far, here's hoping Saturday is more promising!
"Take long walks in stormy weather or through deep snows in the fields and woods, if you would keep your spirits up. Deal with brute nature" Henry David Thoreau

0 comments:

Post a Comment