Thursday 23 February 2012

Excitement

Wind and rain together are my least favourite weather and yesterday was an especially disgusting form of both. When that fine rain gets carried relentlessly by a steady breeze you might as well step fully clothed into the shower, so I cancelled Spofforth and gave the gardening day up as a bad job. Instead I went to the opticians to make a contact lens fitting appointment, now that might not sound very thrilling but it will save me the constant irritation of having my glasses swing off the bridge of my nose when I'm digging! What is thrilling however is an invitation I received whilst at college on Tuesday, it seems my pals have a spare place in their car when they go to the Chelsea flower show in May and they've asked me if I would like to fill it, would I ever! I've always wanted to visit so I leapt at the chance, I'd better start saving up now!
"I live a day at a time. Each day I look for a kernel of excitement. In the morning I say "what is my exciting thing for today?" Then I live the day" Barbara Jordan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment