Friday 10 February 2012

Plenty To Look Forward To

Yesterday afternoon was fit for neither man nor beast and I don't think it's due to improve next week, freezing rain that was a new one on me! There is no gardening to be done when the weather is as foul as that, consequently I don't have a lot to tell you about today. Instead I thought I'd share with you the things I've got to look forward to when spring finally breaks. Top of the list is filling up my smart new compost bins, custom built by Mark and Lisa of Greengate Gardening Knaresborough 01423 541687, they are really nice chaps and have done a smashing job, picture to follow when I've tidied up a bit! Then in early March I'm attending a grafting course with the Northern Fruit Group and hope to come away with a couple of heritage apple trees for the back garden. April brings the willow weaving course where I will make a wigwam for my french beans to grow up and then it is Harrogate spring flower show. So maybe I should be grateful for some quiet times now!
"Nobody gets to live life backwards. Look ahead, that is where your future lies" Ann Landers

0 comments:

Post a Comment