Tuesday 28 February 2012

Mixed Feelings

Monday was a day of mixed weather and mixed feelings at NC. The morning was sunny and pleasant as we started pruning the willow hedge that surrounds the vegetable garden. I'd been looking forward to doing this as there is something very tactile about the plant, its suppleness makes it interesting to work with and as it had grown so bushy there was much satifaction to be gained by taming it for the time being. However after lunch the weather took a turn for the worse and we ended up finishing the weaving in in the pouring rain, undeterred we carried on and were even joined by Sir James and Lady Halena who also had a go. I found myself quite absorbed in spite of the weather which makes me anticipate the course at Harlow even more. All too soon four o' clock arrived which saw the break up of our merry winter workforce, both Paul and Nikki go off to work at the nursery for the summer leaving just Giles, Alison and myself at NC, we will miss Nikki's bubbly sense of humour and infectious laughter and Paul's wry observations. So I ended the day feeling a little sad.

I did this bit and I think it looks quite good!
"In the hope to meet shortly again and make our absence sweet" Ben Jonson

0 comments:

Post a Comment