Tuesday 14 February 2012

NFU DON'T BRING ME FLOWERS..........

Well I'm all bonfired out, if I were a boy scout I would have earned my fire making badge ten times over by now. Yesterday was our last day working in the woods and I'm not sorry, it was fun at first but after 25 hours of lumber-jacking, singed eyelashes, eyebrows and hair it's definitely time for a change! At least it was a much nicer day with the countryside looking vibrant again after casting off its icy drabness. Today of course is Valentine's day, that eagerly awaited date in any romantics calendar, it's a good job romantic is an adjective not often heard in this household as Dave is away talking to a load of hairy farmers. No candle lit supper for us thanks to the NFU, just a bleary eyed crumpled Nogger arriving home at 10.30pm, thanks a bunch you guys I reckon you owe me one!
"Who, being loved, is poor?" Oscar Wilde

0 comments:

Post a Comment