Wednesday 7 September 2011

College Induction



I've just re-discovered the joys of learning, I mean don't get me wrong, doing the short OU course was very rewarding but it didn't offer much in the way of companionship. Having attended the first day of college at RHS Harlow Carr yesterday it was a real pleasure to sit in a room with like minded people and discuss plants, whilst looking out over a beautiful setting which will be used to teach us. I feel very lucky to have been given the opportunity to indulge my passion and would like to say a big HELLO to Richard our tutor, Trisha, Deb, Mark and Lisa, Eunice, Christine and Rob who will be taking the journey with me, good luck to you all! After all the introductions and questions we took a ramble around the gardens testing our novice terminology and trying to take in the vast amount of subject matter we must get to grips with, I can't wait for a proper lesson next week, it's certainly going to be an interesting year!

Pics- fairy ring and Stipa gigantica
"Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere"
Chinese Proverb

1 comments:

Good luck!!
 

Post a Comment