Tuesday 6 September 2011

Off To A Flying Start



I was up at 6.15 yesterday morning to make sure that all was in readiness for the son's first day at big school. I had quite a lump in my throat to see him look so smart, and even the teenager was being kind, helping him to tie his tie the cool way and allowing him to accompany her on the bus, how quickly they grow up! Once I'd seen them safely out of the door I had to clear the teenagers room so her new carpet could be fitted, this duly happened everything being finished by 9.30. Then for the first time in weeks I could make inroads on the mess in peace and quiet, I even found the time to tidy up my plant pots, make the tea and pot up some new violas. Spotted these little nasties in the back garden, the very poisonous destroying angel fungus, definitely not one for the pot!

"Life has a way of setting things in order and leaving them be . Very tidy, is life"
Jean Anouilh

1 comments:

Hi Ali

Just wanted to say hello and reveal myself as a Privet And Confidential "lurker". Much more interesting than a blog about grain and animal feed! You have such a lovely writing style and your comments about Teenager and The Boy make me chuckle at my desk, especially when Teenager's Facebook page often refers to the same stories from a different perspective!

Lots of love

MissNogger and Meggy Moo, Sunny Exeter xxx
 

Post a Comment