Tuesday 27 September 2011

School Bugbears

Yesterday was the last Monday that I shall have as a catching up day for quite some time, because as of next week I shall be at NC. It is going to take a big effort on my part to fit in all the homework I should do as well as making sure the boy and the teenager are keeping up to date with theirs. To be fair though the teenager takes care of her own work whereas the boy is a different matter altogether. He frequently accosts me at 7.50am with some panic stricken tale of a forgotten task and could I please help him compose a poem before the school bus leaves in 20 mins! Oh well I guess we will get the hang of it eventually, he's only been there for three weeks so they are still being lenient, unlike their attitude with the teenager whom they lie in wait for to give out detentions if her top button isn't done up-very helpful to us parents that is ! Anyway enough of this waffle, I've got two new text books to get my head round now, RHS pests and diseases and Gardeners Latin, a little light bedtime reading!
Today's fungi are candlesnuff fungus and the tiny white milking bonnets, I've left my finger in the picture so you can see just how small they are.
"What we want is to see  the child in pursuit of knowledge, not knowledge in pursuit of the child"
George Bernard Shaw


0 comments:

Post a Comment