Friday 30 September 2011

Domestic Bliss

Taking full advantage of another glorious day I was up at six and ready to leave the house with Chum when the teenager left at eight. This meant I could spend the whole morning in my garden, I decided to be ruthless and remove any plant I felt was disappointing, which turned out to be quite a lot, unfortunately I dug up someones home as you can see by this rather disgruntled toad! I hope he will find suitable accommodation somewhere else. This left plenty of spaces for my homegrown foxgloves and wallflowers which I placed in groups of three and five as instructed by our tutor, this used up every last one (sorry Mum!). Finally I cut a new straightish edge and all of a sudden I could see the potential for next year, in the spring I will divide the Aster linosyris 'Little Carlow' and fill in some of the gaps which should give more cohesion. I then devoted the rest of the day to giving the family a decent meal for once, making courgette and potato soup and an apple crumble with the produce Diana gave me on Wednesday, so I shall spend the rest of the weekend polishing my halo!

"It's never the wrong time to call on Toad. Early or late he's always the same fellow. Always good tempered. always glad to see you, always sorry when you go!"
Kenneth Grahame

0 comments:

Post a Comment