Monday 19 September 2011

Norton Conyers

Saturday found me back at Norton Conyers (NC) for a very exciting reason, I was there for a sort of interview, although Giles the head gardener and Alyson are far too nice to conduct anything so gruelling as an interview! Through the WFGA I have joined the WRAGS scheme and NC will be my placement for the next year. I shall work for two days a week (15 hours) and hopefully be taught all that needs doing during the course of the seasons, I will even be paid a modest sum! I urge all you budding gardeners out there to join this worthy charity, that includes you chaps too don't be put off by the name! I can honestly say when I joined back in April it changed my life. Anyway back to NC, if you would like to refresh your memories look up my previous post entitled "love at first sight" (July) and you will get an idea of just what a special garden it is. I cannot express how wonderful it felt to be back and to know that my feelings for it hadn't changed, it was also good to have Dave's reaction, he said that he could feel the magic too and that the last time he'd felt the same about anywhere was when we visited Staithes for the first time-praise indeed! So I start on the first of October and am thrilled to have been given the opportunity, many thanks to Lord and Lady Graham. It will provide fantastic blogging material too!

"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity"
Seneca



0 comments:

Post a Comment