Friday 9 September 2011

The Wrong Trousers



It was a filthy wet morning for our walk yesterday but once booted and with the old pram pushing hat firmly wedged on my head it wasn't so bad, Chum's coat swiftly went curly but he didn't seem to mind either. Going for a walk has become a real necessity for me, especially now that I use it as an opportunity for finding things, it makes me smile to think of the many times I used to trudge along my head full of problems to be mulled over and didn't take any notice of what was around me. Chumdog prefers our walks now too as I'm much more likely to be photographing a flower than shouting at him for rolling in something nasty! Becoming more active outdoors has presented some problems though, I don't seem to have the right trousers! getting home yesterday soaking wet I couldn't find any thing to change into, I've got posh ones and good jeans and plenty that I've grown out of, but nothing else as my favourite gardening ones have just given up the ghost sadly. I shall have to bite the bullet and buy something suitable, but where does one go for gardening clothes? Leave me a comment if you know of any good places, I shall be most grateful!
Pics- The wrong trousers! and a freshly emerged tawny grisette.

"I grow old, I grow old.......... I shall wear my trousers rolled"
T S Elliot

2 comments:

Get yourself to one of those outdoor clothing shops like Millets, Blacks etc. You will find trousers sturdy enough for walks and gardening. Dual purpose! And those kinds of trousers also have plenty of pockets for storing useful things in too. But beware... if something says its "water repellent" that's NOT the same thing as waterproof!

Debenhams near me stock a lot of Craghoppers (brand) which seem to be permanently reduced in price. Maybe the same could be true near you.
 
http://www.debenhams.com/women/craghoppers
 

Post a Comment