Friday 26 August 2011

Other Side Of The Fence



Friday 26th August 2011

Not a lots been happening today so I'll just ramble on about a few things I've noticed this week. I'm particularly pleased with the appearance of these self sown lobelia in my wall garden, I just know that I couldn't grow these from seed if I tried so it's a good job they are happy to do it themselves. Anything that seeds itself for free is welcome in my garden even some of the weeds! Finally for today, it is a source of great irritation that out of all the plants I've grown from seed this year the ones that have done the best are always the ones I've given away. I know that my growing conditions are not ideal and I intend to remedy that by putting raised beds in for next year, and I acknowledge that my gifted seedlings have been housed in richer more spacious ground, but it still smarts when everyone else is groaning under copious amounts of squash and courgettes when mine seem able only to produce male flowers! Another good case in point is the chilli plant I gave to Diana, it is now sitting smugly in her greenhouse producing amazing looking fruit, whilst mine languish outside looking miserable. I never thought I would desire a greenhouse over a downstairs loo! Oh well they say we shall get our rewards in heaven!

"Happiness held is the seed; Happiness shared is the flower"
Anon

0 comments:

Post a Comment