Sunday 27 May 2012

The Big Plant Out #2-Dahlia Day


Back at it with a vengeance yesterday as the high temperatures demanded that we plant out the dahlias and other tender perennials, they are best off in the ground rather than cooking in the greenhouse. Our mission was to rescue them whilst risking a cooking ourselves! By the end of the day we had accomplished our goal, dahlias in, runner, French and borlotti beans in, tomatoes and peppers in and all well watered with a hose pipe long enough to reach most corners of the garden, which weighed a tonne of course! As I was watering I was beginning to wish I was a plant on the receiving end of that refreshing jet, thank goodness I wore a hat and had plenty of sun cream on. Monday looks like being more of the same, I will be very tanned if this weather continues!

"Just living is not enough, one must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower" Hans Christian Anderson


0 comments:

Post a Comment