Tuesday 1 May 2012

New Experiences At Norton

pheasant eggs in the vinery
Every day throws up new experiences at Norton Conyers, be they little ones like the flower or bug you've not encountered before, or be they challenges that must be met. Yesterday was just such a day, as my confidence grows driving the tractor I knew I would have to conquer my dislike of reversing, so I bit the bullet yesterday and whilst no one was looking had a really good practise around the car park, I'm certainly no expert but am glad I faced my fears. Then just as the afternoons work was drawing to a close we had another experience when a swarm of bees flew into the garden, I've not encountered so many before and felt quite unnerved when they settled in the courtyard where the staff cars park, luckily after a hard days graft I was too weary to risk missing my lift so I took a quick picture and we made a hasty exit. Alison says the bees return every year to the same spot and that's why she never leaves the car windows open! I'm glad I saw them, but nature can be a bit scary sometimes.

"Experience is not what happens to a man. It is what a man does with what happens to him" Aldous Huxley

The swarm

Home again

0 comments:

Post a Comment