Tuesday 8 May 2012

Double Sunday

May hedgerow
No news from Norton to report as yesterday was a bank holiday and I took a sneaky day off, of course that's left me at sixes and sevens as I feel like I've had two Sundays. Sunday 1 I made the most of the sunshine and headed into my own garden. I finally cut the hedge which is a job I hate especially the first cut of the season as it takes so long with my hand shears, but it certainly looks better for it. I also went through my seedling nursery ruthlessly discarding anything that wasn't thriving, whether it's the crappy conditions that have encouraged a greenfly infestation I'm not sure but it's not very encouraging this early in the season, so I sowed more direct in the hope of an improvement if they're left to Mother Nature. Sunday 2 I spent all afternoon revising botany and making flash cards so I'm feeling quite smug, no doubt that feeling will diminish as we start to be tested in class later!

"A Sunday well spent brings a week of content"
                                                        English proverb

0 comments:

Post a Comment