Thursday 10 May 2012

A Breath Of Fresh Air

Dingley Dell
I managed to squeeze in a quick walk with the dog in between chores and revision on Wednesday, I go to Spofforth every other week at the moment so I can catch up with my studies and rescue the house before it falls into a state beyond repair! I took Chum down to what we call Dingley Dell, a small tributary of the Nidd which is literally only three paces from the A59 probably the busiest road in Harrogate. The local conservation groups have been busy down there planting native saplings and generally tidying up so it was a pleasant little amble, it's great to see that someone is taking an interest as I'd stopped visiting due to the litter and vandals. With some sunshine and warmth to cheer us on Chum and I had a very enjoyable game of 'throw the stick in the river' which set me up nicely for a day of revision, I'm not sure I could manage all that studying without a breath of fresh air first.

"Who will tell whether one happy moment of love or the breathing or walking on a bright morning and smelling fresh air, is not worth all the suffering and effort which life implies"
Erich Fromm

0 comments:

Post a Comment