Tuesday 12 July 2011

Five Minutes To Spare



Tuesday 12th July 2011

I honestly didn't have time for more than a five minute ramble around my own humble plot yesterday, but even that short amount of time gave me plenty of rewards. Three beautiful strawberries ripe for the picking, that's one each for me Dave and George, it's a good thing Jaz doesn't like them. strange creature! I picked another bunch of sweetpeas and gave them to Anita next door, I've got to keep picking to encourage more flowers, so I don't mind giving them away. And finally the lavatera has opened at last, I grow it every year just to see the bees covered in white pollen from nose to sting like little ghosts!

Photos lavatera and a nice yellow snail

"How doth the little busy bee improve each shining hour, and gather honey all the day from every opening flower"
Isaac Watts

0 comments:

Post a Comment