Monday 4 July 2011

A Plethora Of Pots


Monday 4th July 2011

It was the RNIB summer fair at Tate house on Saturday, a good opportunity to hear feedback from the residents and their families about our gardening efforts. Everything is still very new looking and it will be a while before the beds look full, but at least the sun was shining and the garden was looking at it's best. We had many nice compliments and helpful suggestions to keep us focused. Of course these little summer fairs are perfect opportunities to go planter hunting, what other people see as junk I often see as a quirky garden ornament. I confess to being guilty of planting old trainers and chimney pots so you can guess what I was looking for. I struck gold with these empty Betty's tea caddies for 50p each and this rather nice blue and white tureen for £2, so wasted no time in getting them planted. I might have to kerb my enthusiasm soon as I appear to be running out of space!

"Dirty hands, iced tea, garden fragrances thick in the air and a blanket of colour before me, who could ask for more"
Bev Adams

0 comments:

Post a Comment