Friday 17 June 2011

Bits And Pieces


Friday 17th June 2011

I only had time for a flying visit to Southlands on Thursday, just enough time to cast an eye over everything really. What ripe strawberries there were, had been nibbled by critters, so I binned them. Picked more sweetpeas for the lounge and sowed some multi-coloured radishes, as they were especially requested by Ruth. Late June is pretty quiet in gardening terms, but in another two weeks I shall be flat out picking produce and dead-heading flowers.

I find myself with blogger's block at the end of what can only be described as one of "those" weeks, so to cheer myself up, here are the moments that made me smile
1. It raining enough to fill up my water butt
2. Very nice lunch with Dave on Tuesday
3. Eating strawberries with Diana
4. This foxglove in the garden

I'm having a spa weekend to boost my energy levels, so no posts until Tuesday folks!

"And the heart that is soonest awake to the flowers, is always the first to be touched by the thorns"
Thomas Moore

0 comments:

Post a Comment