Wednesday 15 June 2011

A Fit Of Pique


Wednesday 15th June 2011

The fittings for the water butt arrived yesterday, and finding myself with that rare occurrence an afternoon off, I decided to try and fit it. Foolish Woman. Now I like to pride myself on a certain ability to tackle most gardening jobs, this girl doesn't pass over the chores of hedge trimming and lawn maintenance to the man of the house, but in this instance I had to admit defeat. Not through some complicated detail, but simply because I couldn't get the bung out to fit the tap. It was screwed in so tightly, I couldn't get it to budge. So thwarted I turned to some dead-heading to soothe my irritation, contemplating the consummate ease with which Dave would no doubt complete the task later. As of course was the case!

"Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts"
Charles Dickens

0 comments:

Post a Comment