Friday 24 June 2011

Nice Weather For Ducks



Oh look it's stopped raining for five minutes! I knew when we had all that wonderful weather back in April that we would pay for it, my only regret is that I didn't buy a bigger water butt. I'm afraid I didn't go to Southlands yesterday, nothing would have needed watering and I have got used to the spare time this week. I did manage to watch the last programme of Botany-A Blooming History though, so I wasn't just lazing about! Everything will be back to normal again next week, and I will probably be better for the rest.

I saw this beautiful mushroom down by the river yesterday, it is a false death cap-amanita citrina, and is actually edible, but nobody picks them in case they get the real thing!

"If only one could tell true love from false love, as one can tell mushrooms from toadstools"
Katherine Mansfield

0 comments:

Post a Comment