Sunday 25 March 2012

A Compliment

No matter what the size of your garden, be it stately home or window box, at this time of year it never fails to deliver fresh surprises every day. This morning I've noticed that the shallots have started to sprout, the honesty is filling out nicely, the buds on the horse chestnuts are glistening with promise and that a wood mouse (already nicknamed Mr Jingles) has moves into the compost bin. Every time I lift the cover to add more I have to be careful not to bury the poor little chap. Some people would be alarmed I suppose but all the little creatures have their parts to play too and I'm just glad they choose to do it in my garden, I take it as a compliment that all is in balance, just as it should be.

"God almighty first planted a garden, and indeed it is the purest of human pleasures" Francis Bacon

1 comments:

Those wood mice breed like.... well, you know. Watch you are not over-run with them!
 

Post a Comment