Wednesday 7 March 2012

Pesky Pests

Yet another parents evening to attend yesterday, although this one was for the teenager and was an entirely different kettle of fish, let me just say it was a glowing report and I'm very proud of her. Unlike the son who is predicted A*'s in x-box, scootering and messing about! So just a quick resume of college again, pests in the morning, ranging from big stuff like rabbits, I've plenty of experience there now, right down through birds and mice to insects and tiny little nematodes whose life-cycles would be more fitting in a Stephen King novel! All very straight forward really, a bit of light relief for a change. Ponds and water gardens followed in the afternoon which gave us all an excuse to wander around outside looking at various examples, very pleasant on a beautiful March day.

"Though snails are exceedingly slow,
There's one thing I would like to know,
If I out-run 'em round the yard,
How come they beat me to the chard?"
Alan Klein

0 comments:

Post a Comment