Thursday 22 March 2012

Small Pleasures

I was disgustingly lazy yesterday as I continue to enjoy a week off, so I didn't think I'd have anything to say today, but maybe a day made up of small pleasures deserves a mention for a change. Firstly I did the housework, not a pleasure in its own right but deeply satisfying knowing I don't have to do it again for a bit! Then I ambled to the local shops and treated myself to a new pair of earrings, some spring daffs and pussy willow stems, I simply can't resist the touch of their fur. Then I managed a really good three hour revision session on soils, followed by a nap with Chumdog on the sofa, dull maybe but a much needed battery charge. Gardens Illustrated magazine arrived in the post just in time for me to devote the rest of the afternoon to reading it and it contained free Ammi majus seeds too, bonus!

"Simple pleasures are always the last refuge of the complex" Oscar Wilde

0 comments:

Post a Comment