Thursday 15 March 2012

Perseverance

Erythronium dens canis the dogs tooth violet
Round two for grafting yesterday as Diana, Brian and I attempted to go it alone and use Di's home grown root stocks with some of the bud sticks she'd brought from the course we attended last week. At first I was as nervous and clumsy as before but with encouragement from the Davis's and lots of repetition I soon found I was improving and by the end of the morning between us we had grafted twelve different potential apple trees. If my attempts take I will be allowed either to bring them home, donate them for sale at the NFG stand at the autumn flower show, or plant them at Spofforth and collect the fruit, a win win situation!

"Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish" John Quincy Adams
twelve new apple trees we hope!
plum blossom

0 comments:

Post a Comment