Sunday 18 March 2012

Freebies

Giles, Alison and I had a very pleasant day working on the main border on Saturday. The weather was a bit mixed though, the sort of day when you spend more time dressing and undressing because the showers are so sharp but never last long. We divided all the overgrown herbaceous perennials and either put them back from where they came or moved them about according to how Giles had made notes on what wasn't working well last year. The bonus for us girls was plenty of freebies to take home and I'm really chuffed to have a lovely deep blue Aconitum and some pink Aster with which I can enhance my modest plot. The only downside to the day was being caught in a heavy hail shower, they really hurt when they ping off the end of your nose!

Happy Mothers Day to my wonderful Mum and all you other multi-taskers out there!

"I love my mother as the trees love water and sunshine, she helps me grow, prosper and reach new heights" Terri Guillemets

0 comments:

Post a Comment