Thursday 29 March 2012

Springing Back Into Action

Diana and I started work immediately on Wednesday as we didn't want to waste a moment of such a beautiful morning, all winter long we have discussed our plans whilst staring dolefully out at dismal skies, now is the time for action. I helped her fill a large planter with compost first as she doesn't bend so well now and got it into position near the house where it is handy for the salad crops. Next we hoed six months worth of weeds from around the new apple trees, it wasn't long before I was a bit pink cheeked in the heat so Di went and got me one of Brian's hats to wear (very fetching!) and after a refreshing drink we were able to continue in more comfort. A little bit more tidying around the herbaceous border and the day had sped away again. Because I am so busy at the moment I have reluctantly cut my Spofforth visits down to once a fortnight so I can have a little bit more time to study, but I feel guilty when there is so much to do and Diana and Brian are such a lovely couple, however they seem happy for me to go when I'm able and we are all looking forward to improving the garden further this year.

"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Being willing is not enough, we must do" Leonardo da Vinci

0 comments:

Post a Comment