Friday 2 March 2012

The Potting Shed

It's official I am now the proud owner of a potting shed, which is the next best thing to a greenhouse. I've always had a shed of course but over the last couple of weeks its undergone a mini-makeover, cleaned, tidied, de-cobwebbed and mostly de-spidered (except for the box in the far corner which contained such enormous specimens I decided to leave it as a wildlife habitat!) I've even cleaned the windows but have stopped short of putting up net curtains, I'm not that sad! The major transformation occurred yesterday when Dave gave up a precious hour of his working day in order to construct a potting bench for me, I've coveted one for years after having had to make do with the dustbin lid or kitchen table. So now I'm all set for the spring seed sowing frenzy, no more back ache for me! All the shed needs now is another coat of preservative and it will look very smart, just like the picture of my garden in full bloom that I've got in my minds eye, there's nothing like a healthy dose of optimism!


"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence"
Helen Keller

0 comments:

Post a Comment