Wednesday 14 March 2012

Small Satisfactions

Nothing very interesting to report from attending college on Tuesday, it was just a continuation of the pests and diseases topic and a video to watch of a super rich landowner installing a spiffing pond that no doubt cost many thousands to construct and stock. I must take my  pleasures from smaller projects, so I'm pleased to report   that my chillies have germinated and that I've received the seeds from the RHS that they collect from the four gardens. For a small outlay of twelve pounds which covers packaging and postage costs I've now got twenty packets of seeds that will hopefully grow into some more unusual specimens than the ones you can buy from the local garden centres. All I have to do now is research how and when to sow them correctly and the fun can begin, heaven knows where I shall put them all if they do germinate, I'll probably give most of them away, but the excitement is in the learning and propagation of the unknown.


"To see things in a seed, that is genius" Lao Tzu

0 comments:

Post a Comment