Friday 22 April 2011

Clematis For Southlands


Good Friday April 22nd 2011

Yesterday afternoon I set off for Southlands to repair some rather ruthless pruning I had performed on their clematis the week before. To be fair, the residents and I had taken a vote on whether or not the specimen was worth saving, and the majority had voted for the chop. Therefore whilst visiting the show the previous Friday I purchased a replacement, called Dr Ruppel, it flowers twice a year with big pink and white striped blooms, very cheerful. So, I loaded up the trolley with said plant, compost and a few pots of home-grown fillers, it was pretty hard going up the hill on Ripon road, especially as the afternoon was somewhat warm, but I soon forgot about it when I got there and started planting. Everything that we have planted so far seems to be thriving, probably due to the wonderful weather and the garden's perfect aspect, it is somewhat annoying to find that their plants are doing better than mine! I did take a picture of the new clematis but want to let it come into flower first before I share it with you, instead here is one of a beautiful Iris, just reaching it's best in their garden at the moment.

Easter spells out beauty, the rare beauty of new life
S.D.Gordon

0 comments:

Post a Comment