Tuesday 19 April 2011

Climbing Things

Tuesday 19th April 2011

The weather continues glorious, so I'm back in the garden planting seeds again. Runner beans Scarlet Emperor and something called Clary tricolour mix, I've no idea what it is because it was a freebie, so I've given it a go. Also filling in the gaps with cheap and cheerful purchases, Knautia Melton Pastles, lambs ears and Liatris. All of my Nastutiums have been put out too, the idea being that they will climb up the netting and cover over the unsightly areas of the garden like the compost bin. If they all do well the garden will be positively smothered in flowers this summer.

Apologies today for the lack of a picture, I did try, but Dave is away and he's taken my laptop, so I feel that a certain mr R Stafford has yet again got something to answer for!

"I have a garden of my own, shining with flowers of every hue, I loved it dearly while alone, but I shall love it more with you"
Thomas More 1835

0 comments:

Post a Comment