Thursday 21 April 2011

Hedgehogs!



Thursday 21st April 2011

It is with great delight that I can report that the hedgehogs are back. Last night as I was letting Chummy out for his 10 o'clock wee, I heard strange snuffling and grunting noises coming from over the fence. Peering into the gloom I could see two large adults, presumably a mating pair. I do hope they raise another brood like last year. It is so important that everyone leaves some small gaps in their garden fencing, so that these wonderful beasts can move from garden to garden. They need to travel quite long distances each night to find food. I thought the garden had been strangely slug free this spring!

Today I have planted a new Acer palmatum "sai ho" that I bought at the show, it is a dwarf type and I think it looks just lovely. So to make up for the lack of pictures recently, you can have two today.

Plans to protect air and water, wilderness and wildlife are in fact plans to protect man.
Stewart Udall

0 comments:

Post a Comment