Monday 11 April 2011

A Hanging Basket And A Chimney Pot

Monday 11th April 2011

We were certainly blessed with a truly splendid weekend for the time of year. Inspired by the sunshine I tackled two projects that I've been meaning to do for a while.
Firstly I planted a hanging basket, the only spot that is suitable for one is in shade for most of the day so I've chosen ferns and silver foliage plants with varigated nasturtium seeds tucked into the sides. It looks a bit new as yet, but as soon as the nasturtiums get going and start trailing over the sides, I think it will look very pleasing.

The second project was planting up a chimney pot, when we had a wood burning stove fitted back in November, we replaced one pot with a bird catcher and the old one has been sat on the driveway ever since. After considerable thought I decided to plant it with alpines, Rosularia Chrysantha, Saxifraga Rosina Suendermann and Jovibarba Oki. I seperated any "babies" to fill the gaps at the bottom of the pot and top up the stock in the wall garden. I'm very pleased with the result and it will give interest when the spring flowers have died back, before the summer bedding goes in.

Sowings today are Amaranthus and Tarragon which both need inside germination

Bread feeds the body indeed, but flowers feed also the soul
The Koran

0 comments:

Post a Comment