Tuesday 26 April 2011

Tall Orders


Tuesday 26th April 2011

It is with much trepidation that I have planted out the Russian Giant Sunflower seedlings this morning, I do hope they don't grow too big, or I really don't know how I'm going to support them. I'm almost hoping that they get eaten by slugs(wash my mouth out!)then I won't have the problem, but I have given them some protection, so it's in the hands of fate now.

Other seeds sowed today are, Mint, Chervil, Borage and Sweetcorn. Dave being interested in crops, wanted me to sow the latter as an experiment, but again I have no room to plant them in the borders, maybe some grow bags stood on end will do the job.

Elsewhere in the garden the Pansies and Violas are not really going to last much longer, even with constant dead-heading they are looking straggley, I may have to get rid of them soon. However I refuse to buy my bedding plants yet, despite the recent weather, it is just too soon, and those that have, may get a nasty surprise yet! Meanwhile to fill in the gap the Alliums have started to flower already, almost a month early I feel.

How fair is a garden amid the trials and passions of existence
Benjamin Disraeli

0 comments:

Post a Comment