Monday 4 April 2011

Expensive Chillies

Monday 4th April 2011

Hardly any rain again over the weekend, so yesterday I ended up watering the lawn treatment in, it must be working because there are black patches appearing this morning. I know it will soon look better.

Put together the new strimmer and placed it on charge, this is now the only electrical item that I use, a necessary evil if I want the garden to be tidy around the edges.

Looking around today, I notice the leaves on the baby Horse Chestnuts are nearly out and the Astillbe that I thought I'd killed last year has pushed through lots of new leaves, thank goodness for the tenacity of Mother Nature.

Today's sowings are Rubarb Chard and some very expensive chillies called Joe's Long. I was shocked when I opened the packet to discover I only had 7 seeds and that for £3.55!, they are F1 hybrids though, so they should do well. That will teach me to keep my mind on the job when wandering around garden centres.

A man's children and his garden both reflect the amount of weeding done during the growing season.
Anon

0 comments:

Post a Comment