Wednesday 20 April 2011

The First Cut

Wednesday 20th April

Started the day's work off by cutting the hedge( no nesting birds ), the first cut of the season is always the worst. It is amazing just how much growth has occurred in such a short space of time. I always let the clippings that fall underneath rot down because they smother the Ground Elder, although I do have Foxgloves growing there this year so of course I made sure that they could still breathe.

The big excitement today is the fitting of an outside tap, it may not sound like much to you, but I've been using my neighbour's for the last five years. I will celebrate by using the sprinkler on the lawn this evening.

At last I have some herbs, the Chives and Dill have sprouted, surely that means the rest will soon follow.

"A little water is a sea to an ant"
Afghan proverb

0 comments:

Post a Comment