Wednesday 6 April 2011

Weeds and Seeds

Wednesday 6th April 2011

It is warm and dry after early morning rain and all of a sudden everything in the garden has gone bonkers, It has taken me fully an hour just to pop round the place, weeding and dead-heading, and it's only the size of a postage stamp. I did decide to tackle the block paving though, a word of caution to any one thinking of laying one, don't! It's funny how you don't notice things growing in the cracks one day and the next It's covered in weeds. I do leave some self sown seedlings like Aubretia and Foxgloves however as I am trying to achieve a cottage garden look-even if we do live in a semi!

Today's sowings are Chives, Sage, parsley and an ornamental millet F1 Purple Baron, a lovely looking tall fluffy spiked grass. It's a new one for me so I hope it works, but they do say nothing ventured, nothing gained.

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them"
A A Milne

0 comments:

Post a Comment