Friday 8 April 2011

Good Weather Credits

Friday 8th April 2011

It is the most perfect day, we awoke to bright blue skies and no breeze, it was already warm by 9 o'clock so I donned a pair of shorts and set out for a lovely walk with Chum dog. I do hope we are not using up all our good weather credits too early this year!

Am pretty worn out after a week of full on gardening, so here's what I did yesterday PM.
Walked up to Southlands at 2.00pm to assess which plants Joe Maiden had left us. It was such a fine afternoon that many of the residents were outside enjoying the sunshine. Into the first bed I planted a dozen Sweetpeas, we didn't have any supports so I looked around the compost heap and gleaned some sticks that would serve, tied the peas in with blue wool provided by the knitting group! Next planted two Heuchura and three nice pots of Parsley, this still left a lot of space, luckily I'd stuffed my apron with plenty of packets of herb seeds, so with the help of the lovely Ruth, we filled the rest of the bed with a good assortment. The second bed we filled with Peas, onions and alternate carrots and garlic(to keep off the dreaded fly), Ruby Chard and some perennial Wallflower(Bowles Mauve) and yellow daisy for colour. Finished off by sprinkling in a few cosmos just to surprise everyone. I will pop along a couple of times a week, just to make sure all is well.

Going to put my feet up for the weekend now, back Monday.

To sit in the shade on a fine day and look upon verdure is the most perfect refreshment.
Jane Austin

0 comments:

Post a Comment