Thursday 28 April 2011

Hedgerows


Thursday 28th April 2011

Walking in Ripley this morning, I am again taken with the simple beauty of the hedgerow, for all our connivance in the garden we will never be able to match natures composition and colour. It is cool today but still dry, I ventured out in my shorts and soon regretted it, I felt as cold as newly planted summer bedding!

Have just spent a good ten minutes waging war with the Lilac suckers(a constant battle all summer), because next door have put up a new six foot fence, so I've lost some light, but I won't miss the view into their "garden".

Yesterday I ate the first produce of my labours, some spicy salad leaves, fresh and delicious straight from the pot, it makes me feel quite proud. Carrots, Chard and Lettuce all doing well so looking forward to something a bit more substantial.

"What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare"
William Henry Davies

0 comments:

Post a Comment