Wednesday 13 April 2011

Small Things


Wednesday 13th April 2011

Without a doubt, the prettiest thing I've seen this morning is one of the smallest. Walking down to the river with George and Chummy dog, I caught a glimpse of true blue/purple, which on closer inspection turned out to be a Violet. It was set off to perfection by the dainty white flowers of the patch of wild strawberry in which it was growing. A small picture of perfection-shame I didn't have my camera with me. Just to keep my hand in, this is one of the chimney pot I planted at the weekend.

The weather is somewhat mixed now, but that hasn't stopped the seed sowing, more Chard, this one is called Bright Lights(it has red,yellow and orange stems in various shades, very decorative when planted in a mixed border), Night Scented Stock, and Courgette Black Beauty.

The human spirit needs places where nature has not been re-arranged by man
anon

0 comments:

Post a Comment